- If choosing nude hosiery, look for one that is sheer, not shiny, and a colour that blends with your skin tone.
- If you want to wear hosiery and look more modern, try sheer charcoal or black, or an opaque black if wearing heavier winter clothing.
- The sheerness of the hosiery relates to the weight of the fabric of your dress or skirt. This is one of the principles of co-ordination – the level of refinement.
- Sheer hosiery goes with lighter weight fabrics, opaque hosiery works well with heavier weight fabrics.
- Blending a dark skirt with black or charcoal stockings and then black shoes or boots is a great way to elongate your legs, whilst keeping them warm.
- Nude hosiery works best with lighter colours, and coloured shoes rather than a dark neutral shoe.
- And never, ever wear pop socks (knee-high stockings) under dresses or skirts, even if you think they can’t be seen.
I'm not sure if it's for you but how would you feel if you learned all about the colours and styles of clothing that suit your individual personality, shape and style? Just imagine what it would be like when you can open your wardrobe and pull together fabulous outfits that make you look and feel amazing every day? If you'd like to stop wasting money on the wrong clothes and accessories plus join an amazing bunch of very special women also on their style journey - then my 7 Steps to Style program is right for you. Find out more here.