What are the guidelines for layering tops? Many people tell me they have no idea how to do it, so here are some quick tips.
5 Tips on How to Layer Tops
1. The under layer needs to be tighter than the over layer.
2. The under layer shouldn’t be a lot longer than the over layer if they have a similar hemline shape
3. Take note of where the layers end – don’t end a hem on an unflattering point (unless of course you want to do that).
4. The under layer should usually be shorter than the over layer if you are an H or O shape
5. Use layering to create an interesting colour palette