Would you please consider doing a posts to help with the selection of earrings? I’d like to see information on how to select the best sizes and shapes for my face and hairstyle, as well as what style earrings look good with different outfits; i.e. casual, dressy, sporty. Any other dos and don’ts would be appreciated as well.
When choosing earrings you will want to consider
- Your personality
- Your face shape
- Your hairstyle
- Your style
Earring Selection Tips
- Longer hair needs a larger earring for them to be noticed if it’s worn down
- Long hair tied up can wear either smaller or larger earrings
- Shorter hair means you can wear either longer or shorter earrings.
- Larger facial features need bigger earrings
- Smaller faces and facial features are best with smaller earrings
- Short necks need earrings that don’t dangle past the bottom of the jaw
- Long necks can wear shoulder dusters
- Wear glasses all the time? You may want to wear slightly smaller earrings if you have a smaller face or features so you don’t look overly cluttered around your face.
Think about balancing your face shape with your earrings
- Longer face, wider earrings.
- Shorter face, longer more narrow earrings.
Examples of Earring Shapes for Different Face Shapes and Jaw Shapes
For Shorter faces shapes – such as round and square or pear shapes
Examples of Earrings to Suit Different Personality Dressing Styles
For a more classic or delicate personality style
For a more edgy or creative personality style
For a more dramatic or bold personality style
For a more relaxed and natural personality style
These are just a few styles to help you get a feel for trying different earring styles and shapes.
As ever, you need to take into consideration all the elements of you:
- Face shape
- Personality style preferences
- Facial features
- Hair style
When making your earring selection!
If you’d like my professional opinion on your face shape and features, body shape and colouring, this is all part of my 7 Steps to Style program – find out more about it here.