I just found your website – it’s heaven sent. I am 7 months postpartum and still need to lose about 20lbs. Having said that, my issue is that nothing fits me. I am such a weird shape right now. My arms are fat, I have a pooch under my belly button thanks to my 3 c/sections, and my breasts have deflated. I’m short and round – it’s truly awful.
Any help would be appreciated.
When you have a tummy that hangs down and is hard to find, you need to look for clothing that drapes over it rather than clinging, and use foundations garments to give you back some lift and shape.
- Get yourself the best bra that lifts your breasts
- Get fitted by an expert who has a large range of brands and sizes so that it’s supporting you correctly (some bra fitters will give you the best they have, which is not necessarily the right fit for you as they may not have the right size for you)
- Find the shapewear that works for you – it may be a tank or a pair of pants
- Buy your shapewear in a size that is supportive and enhancing, but still comfortable, not binding, so that you’re happy to wear it every day
Tummy Hiding Styles
- Tops that flare and don’t cling to your tummy
- Longer jackets and cardigans
- Tunics in flowing fabrics
- Slim leggings and pants
- Dense busy patterns which distract attention
- Eye enhancing colours which draw attention up to your face and away from your stomach
- Column of Colour to elongate and not draw attention to your tummy
- Drape and detail that covers your tummy
Some more tips on dressing your tummy: