Where to Place Border Prints to Flatter Your Figure
So where to place border prints? It is of course, dependent on your body shape and proportions, where you want focus to be drawn, and what to distract from.
Border prints draw attention, as you can see with these examples. Notice where your gaze rests with each of these examples.
- So for Kim, who has a less defined waist, has a large bust and probably doesn’t want to draw attention to her bottom either, may choose to put the border print at around the knees.
- If she had a smaller bust, then she could put it both around the bust and knees.
- If you have an X shape or A shape, put the border on your waist, and possibly your bust to draw attention upwards.
- If you are a V shape, why not put a border around your hips, thighs or knee area.
- An O shape might find that around the knees is also the best placement.
- An H shape would find avoiding the waist (and often hips too) and going for the lower thighs or knees their best option.
Remember that border prints create horizontal lines – which broaden – but can also balance – and also focal points. So put them where you want people to look, and not where you’re rather wasn’t an area of your body you’d rather camouflage.
Not sure of your body shape? You can do my free body shape calculator quiz and download your body shape bible, or alternatively, if you’d like my professional opinion, I give this as part of my 7 Steps to Style program – which you can find out more about here.