Is All Fashion Frippery?
- Is fashion shallow?
- Is caring about what you wear unimportant?
- Is buying clothes wasteful?
We have to wear clothes as we don’t live in a nudist society.
There is so much diversity in the human race and in cultures, yet we all wear clothes.
So why is fashion demonised so much?
Why do we feel so guilty about getting rid of clothing from our wardrobes yet when we often spend money on eating at a restaurant and it’s gone in an hour?
Why do we make so many value judgements about clothing?
This is the topic Jill Chivers of Shop Your Wardrobe and I delve into in this video.
We need to be conscious about our consumption.
- Where is the unnecessary waste in your wardrobe?
- How can you make better decisions about what clothing choices you make?
The more you learn about what works for your body, colouring and personality, what your lifestyle needs really are and how you like to dress
My advice is to spend the money on the knowledge as it will save you thousands (if not tens of thousands over your lifetime). This is why I’ve developed my 7 Steps to Style program to help you learn what really works for you (and in fact in the program Jill shares tips on how to become a more conscious shopper).
As you have to put on clothes each day. Why not choose garments that affirm you, that make you feel good, that flatter you in a way you love?
How do you feel about fashion, style, shopping, spending and where did you get your beliefs and attitudes from around these topics?
Further Reading of Interest on the Topic of Conscious Shopping
More Tips and Articles from Jill
- The Real Difference Between Fashion and Style
- How to Stop Buying Junk Clothes
- What Are We Waiting For?
- Why We Really Shop
- The Key To Buying Happiness
- The Three Stages of Conscious Shopping
- How Much Do You Wear (and Waste)
- Your Shopping Context
- How a Shopping Hiatus Can Help
- When Does It Stop?
- Defining Moments and Powerful Choices
- 14 Simple Truths About Conscious Consumption