Ok, I’ve got to admit it. I love knowing what other women carry around in their handbags, and so I thought that some of you may be in the same boat!
Firstly I change up my handbags pretty frequently to match my outfits and also depending what I’m doing and how much I need to carry.
I like a crossbody option for when I’m out shopping with clients and doing the supermarket run, so I don’t have to worry about it getting in the way. This beautiful leather Sequoia Leather Crossbody from The Sak and it fits plenty of stuff but isn’t too big so it doesn’t weigh me down.
I love the zipper key pocket on the outside, plus on the other side, there is a great phone pocket too, so you’re not scrabbling round inside your bag to find your phone when you’re out and about.
What Colour Handbag to Choose?
If you go for a handbag in your hair colour (or similar) you can wear it with anything as you’re always wearing your hair! If you only want to have the one handbag (and I know many are not like me who is happy to swap handbags around frequently), then this is the way to go and the reason I chose this colour.
What’s in My Handbag?
From Top Left, Clockwise
Clear zipper pouch that contains:
- Emery Board
- Hair Tie
- Hand cream
- Safety pin
- Emergency sleep mask (what? you have no idea how many times having that in my handbag has come in handy!)
Keeping on going:
- Prescription reading glasses with glasses cleaning cloth
- Store loyalty cards on a key ring
- Carry bag in own pouch
- Business card holder with Values Cards (this is something I use in my consultations with clients to understand their clothing values)
Zip pouch containing:
- Phone charger
- Headphone earbuds
- USB stick
- Micro usb cable
- Pain killers
- Cow retractable measuring tape (useful with clients when looking for something that needs to fit a specific measurement, so no taking things into the changeroom that don’t meet our criteria, or for finding knee high boots that need a specific circumference before we bother to ask for a shoe size).
- Wallet containing cash, credit cards and business cards
- Mineral Powder foundation
- Hot chocolate – I don’t drink tea or coffee, so sometimes it’s nice when I’m out somewhere and all there is to drink is tea or coffee, that I bring my own hot chocolate!
I think I’ve always been one of those people who has a tendency to carry everything except the kitchen sink in their bag. I do clear it out frequently of bits of paper and receipts as I move everything from one bag to another.
So tell me, what’s in your handbag?
More Handbag Tips