I received this request from Rock the Silver about what to wear to look smart, but still be casual and comfortable in a hot environment like Texas, where she lives.
I live in a hot climate (Texas) and am looking for casual day time outfits that are a step up from running shorts and t-shirts. We need some ideas for hot days with maybe a sweater or something thrown in for places with air conditioning. I was inspired to write because I posted a picture of what I thought was a cute casual outfit and my readers hated it! I knew baggy was bad in professional clothes, but I really thought it was OK for weekends. My readers disagree.
I don’t live in Texas, but Melbourne Australia get’s pretty hot in the summer (into the 40s Celcius) so I understand what it’s like.
Here are Some Ways to Dress Smart Casual in a Hot Climate
- Now, Rock the Silver was looking at clothing that’s a ‘step up from sweats’ but I think that we can all do a bit better than that, without any extra effort.
- What I prefer to wear in hot weather is dresses, made from cotton, or cotton jersey, they are a great wardrobe staple for a hot climate, no nasty waistband to dig in and add extra heat to your body.
- Teamed with a pair of flat sandals, embellished or plain, but not clunky, you will quickly look stylish whilst keeping our cool and not looking over dressed.
- Stay away from Nanna shoes or sandals when you’re rocking the silver.
- Some long shorts slim shorts or cropped pants can be worn with a caftan or fitted jersey knit, again don’t forget accessories, a bracelet, necklace and some cute sandals will make a plain outfit smart.
What do you find looks great in hot weather but doesn’t make you overheat?