In keeping with my list making posts of the past week, one more… these tips you may agree or disagree with, but they are a guide for the woman who is passed the age of 30.
- Style Revivals – If you’ve worn it before, and it’s a fad, don’t wear it again unless it’s a style that really flatters you.
- Knee High Socks – the schoolgirl look is for schoolgirls, unless you’re going to a fancy dress party, forget about it. Oh, and this includes knee-high stockings – never, ever wear them under skirts – pants only PLEASE!
- Dressing Old – no need to get into old lady clothes before your time. Keep current with the trends without going overboard with the fads. Don’t keep hanging onto items you wore 5, 10 or 20 years ago, let them go.
- Dressing for Your Body Shape – you need to know what fits and flatters your shape so you can best adapt current trends to suit you.
- Update your accessories yearly – an easy way to keep up with fashion and look current, without breaking the bank. Glasses, shoes, jewellery and handbags can really add some pizazz to your outfit, so make them work for you.
- Update in Small Doses – don’t wear fashion trends such as boho or military head to toe, take an element, one piece and work it back with your basics to look up to date but not fashion victim.
- Wear What Suits You – be aware of your personality and how it affects the clothes you wear – your clothes should say something about you, rather than trying to copy someone elses’ style.
- Get a New Hairstyle – when was the last time you changed your style? Update and look younger with a current cut and style.
- Want to look classy? Your best neutral colours will do it for you. Bright or fashion colours come and go, but neutrals will keep you looking good.
- Get Your Clothes Altered so they Fit – if your clothes fit you well, they’ll look more expensive and you’ll look great – add in the cost of alterations to all your purchases, you’ll also enjoy wearing your clothes more because they’ll be more comfortable.
What are your fashion rules?