How to Improve Your Image While Watching TV
Ok you think I’ve gone mad – you can watch TV and look better? How is this so? Here are my top ten tips:
1. De-pil jumpers – while you’re sitting in front of the TV, get out all your jumpers and de-pil them. If you don’t have one of those little combs or shavers, put it on your shopping list – it’s as essential as a clothes brush for a groomed look.
2. Clean shoes – get all your shoes out, some newspaper and polish and buff away.
3. Mend your clothes – sew on any missing buttons, fix any hems that may be coming down, – do all those little niggly sewing jobs.
4. Remove loose threads – get a pair of nails scissors and any items you’ve noticed have threads hanging off them and remove them all.
5. Iron – do the ironing – pressed clothing looks so much better and more professional
6. Sit ups – this will make you feel good on both the outside and the inside, and while you’re at it – why not try to make it a habit to do some pelvic floor exercises every time there is an add break – you barely have to move to do this – studies have shown that around 65% of older women and 42% of men are incontinent – do you want to be part of this statistic?
7. Manicure– a good buff and clear polish (if you’re not a colour person), and lots of lovely hand cream. While you’re at it, why not include a pedicure – Get a tub of warm water and soak your feet before you begin – you won’t believe how good it feels. Finish off with a foot massage.
8. Clean out your handbag or briefcase – how professional do you think you look when rooting around inside a bag that’s fit to burst and you can’t find what you’re looking for?
9. Sharpen makeup pencils – it’s one of those things that often gets overlooked – sharpen all your makeup pencils (put them in the freezer first for a few minutes if it’s a hot day to make it easier).
10. Plan your wardrobe and check for stains – decide what you’re going to wear tomorrow, during an ad break or between programs, get the clothes, out, check there aren’t any stains, nothing needs repair and that everything is ironed, then hang on the cupboard door – this will save you precious minutes tomorrow when you get up, and ensure you’re looking great.
11. Plan your week’s outfits with my Weekly Outfit Planner checklist so you can get up and out the door quickly each day.
Now you see I’m not crazy, and I bet you feel much less guilty about watching TV.