What is appropriate to were to a summer wedding- garden ceremony with cocktail reception? Emma
A summer garden wedding is crying out for a pretty frock. The cocktail reception says, ‘dress up, not down’.
- A knee length dress (cocktail length)
- A small clutch handbag – leave your regular everyday handbag at home and downsize
- Grass friendly heels – stilettos will sink into the grass
- Colour – this is summer, this is a wedding. Wear lovely colours and patterns.
- Accessorize with some sparkle – this will dress up your look for the ‘cocktail’ element of the wedding.
If it’s likely to get cool in the evening – don’t forget to bring a lovely wrap or shrug to pop over your dress.
I have recently attended two garden functions, a wedding and a 30th. At both, the 20 and 30-somethings were mostly in light neutrals – lots of lovely texture mixes and heavy laces. As one of the oldest there, I felt I was probably showing it in my bright geometrics.