Los Angeles, California based Blogger and designer Heather of The Style Confessions shares her Stylish Thoughts with us today.
1) What is the secret to great style?
The secret to doing anything well is being interested in it. If you want to look great, work toward looking great and pretty soon you’ll look great.
2) What is the one thing you would spend a lot of money on?
A good quality, classic, leather handbag in a neutral color is worth saving your money to buy. Designer jeans seem pricey but the fit and quality is worth the expense. Essentially, it’s a good idea to invest some money into pieces you’re going to wear frequently.
3) What is the one thing you wouldn’t spend a lot of money on?
Lipstick. There are lots of great colors and formulas at the drug store!
4) What’s the secret to looking polished?
Lipstick, heels, and a fitted jacket makes just about every outfit look better.
5) What is your current obsession?
Skinny jeans. I refused to so much as try them on for ten years. Now I can’t get enough.
6) Who inspires you?
Gwen Stefani and I are the same age. The older we get, the more impressed I become with her style. She always looks cool but she never looks like she’s trying to compete with the teenagers.
7) What’s your secret to making yourself stand out?
Everyone is so casual these days that all you really need to do to stand out from the crowd is to get a little dressed up. A nice jacket, earrings and some lipstick do wonders.
8) The one piece of advice most women need but don’t get?
Never leave the house in sweat pants.
9) What is your favorite current trend?
I love printed jeans, the wilder and bolder the better.
10) What’s the worst current trend?
Wearing leggings as pants has to be the worst trend ever. Leggings are great under a short dress, skirt or tunic, but as pants they look horrible on just about everyone.
11) What are your favorite websites
I follow so many blogs and websites It’s hard for me to pick out just a few favorites, but I’m always inspired by The Glamourai, The Sartorialist, Garance Dore, Grit and Glamour and The Citizen Rosebud.