Following on from a reader’s question on how to know if you’re in a style rut and how to get out of one if you’re in one, I thought this would be a great topic to discuss with Jill on video.
Ruts can make you feel less than happy, as clothing affects how you feel and we think that clothing should make you feel good.
How do you know if you’re in a rut? This question is the topic of this video with Jill Chivers of 16 Style Types.
What to Look Out For to Figure Out If You’re In a Style Rut
- Not overdoing a signature style
- Having developed a blind spot about your style that everyone else can see but you can’t
- Internal sense of dissatisfaction can arise, when it’s “this old thing again”, the wardrobe feels stale
- Avoiding adding anything new or different for the fear of wasting money on clothes that don’t flatter of just aren’t you, or getting it wrong and feeling embarrassed
- Negative comments about your style or dress
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Are you a faster or slower adopter?
- Are you only in one lane of your Style Superhighway?
- Am I feeling dissatisfied with my look or wardrobe?
- Am I bored with my wardrobe or do I see possibility and variety in my wardrobe?
- Do I wear my signature style exactly the same every day or do I find a creative way of adding that signature element in?
How do I get out of my rut?
Make some changes to how you dress and put your outfits together each day.
Challenge yourself to wear garments in different ways and in different combinations.
Do a style challenge – Evolve Your Style was developed to help you get out of your style rut and it really works!
So tell us …. have you been in a style rut?
How you’ve gotten out of it? What worked for you? Please leave us a comment and share your experiences!