Hi, I live in drought-ridden California (SF Bay Area) and am bracing for very hot weather this spring and summer. Even now, in mid-February, it’s in the 70s. What do you suggest a woman who is over 55 like me and not proud of her legs anymore wear in terms of dresses and shorts. I used to have great legs and am no longer willing to wear short skirts or dresses. I love your blog. Thanks very much.
Options for hot climates when you don’t love your legs can be a bit hard!
1. Fake tan your legs – it will disguise many skin variations and veins
2. Loose trousers – linen or cotton
3. Create a focal point on your top half to draw attention upwards and away from your legs
4. Nude shoes with skirts or dresses so your shoes don’t draw attention to your legs
5. Keep shorts, skirts and dresses no shorter than the lower part of your knees
6. Maxi dresses and skirts can be fun
8. For knee-length skirts, keep the colours darker and neutral so they don’t become the focal point