I absolutely love your blog and follow it religiously. It’s helped make my shopping quicker and easier. I have cleaned out my closet to match my clothing with more flattering styles, and I have shared it with so many friends. Thank you!
My question today is around wearing sweaters. In the States it is getting cold, and functionally, I need more than just a long-sleeved shirt. However, I am a H body style who is large breasted and thus have little/no waist. What styles of sweaters could look good without bulking up my top too much and making me seem even fuller or top heavy? I’d love to own a few pull over sweaters and a few cardigans in the right style to be beautiful, stylish, and comfortable without being top heavy. Any ideas?
Thanks so much!
What to Wear when Layering Tops with a Large Bust
- Fine knits
- Lower necklines on your knits and jackets
- Larger scale jewellery near your face to draw attention upwards
- Sweaters without waistbands
Which Cardigans to Choose
- Look for cardigans with lower closing fronts, or those that don’t have a closure
- A zip front can be great as you have complete control over where to stop the cardigan from closing
What to Avoid Wearing With a Large Bust
- High necklines will make your bust look larger (though you can grab my sneaky tips on how to wear a high neckline with a large bust here)
- Voluminous necklines will add extra bulk to your bust
- Boxy sweaters will make you look… well, boxy
- Wide armholes will make your bust look larger and your body wider
- If you don’t have a defined waist, avoid bands on the base of sweaters
Get more tips on how to flatter a large bust here.