I have some very exciting (well for me) news, I’ve just received my CIP – which stands for Certified Image Professional – I’m now one of only 8 Image Consultants in Australia who have reached this high level of certification. It took me a year to put my application together, and I’ve had to provide all sorts of information to show the breadth of my experience. Thank you to all my lovely clients who helped in one way or another, I couldn’t have achieved this without you.
I will be receiving my certificate at the AICI (Association of Image Consultants International) conference in Los Angeles in May.
A bit of background – to achieve this certification I’ve had to:
- Pass the FLC (first level certification exam)
- Maintained membership in a professional image association for two full years and served as a leader.
- Submitted a presentation binder that demonstrates a high level of professionalism and passes the AICI CIP image and presentation criteria.
- Shown proof of continuing education at the level required for AICI Certified Image Professionals.
- Maintained a personal image and appearance appropriate for a high-level image consultant.
- Promoted image knowledge through writing, media appearances, and/or speaking engagements.
- Contributed image skills to charitable and/or philanthropic causes.
- Submitted exemplary evaluations from current AICI CIP or AICI CIM members.
- Worked with fee-paying clients for a minimum of two years (full time) or four years (part time) and submitted exemplary evaluations from clients.