- Repeating the elements of yourself over and over in different ways in your outfit will create a really harmonious appearance. How can you do this?
- Repeat the texture of your hair
- Repeat the texture of your skin
- Repeat the element of matte/sheen or shine that you have in your hair and skin.
- Repeat your colouring in your outfit. Wear your eye colour, hair colour and lip colour in garments or outfits.
- Repeat your natural contrast levels, both value and colour contrast.
- Use your defining features to create harmony with your accessories and the detail and patterns in your clothing.
- If you’re curvy and cushioned choose soft draping fabrics. If you’re hard and muscly, choose stiffer fabrics.
- Repeat the scale of your features in the scale of details and accessories
- Got a straight shaped body with an undefined waist? Then look for straighter more vertical clothing lines.
- If you’re curvy and more feminine in your body shape, then look for clothes that curve with your body, following the lines.
- And most importantly, harmonise your outfit with your personality to feel and look confident and fabulous.
There are just so many ways to repeat elements of your physical appearance in your clothing and accessories and you really don’t have to look hard to find them!
Note down what you notice about your face and body. Are you seeing more angles or curves? Or are you a combination of the two?
Discover your colour and value contrast then go and play in your wardrobe creating outfits that reflect your natural contrast levels.
Decide if you are overall more textured or smooth, notice if your favourite outfits are in harmony (I can guess they most likely are!)
Figure out if you are more matte, have some sheen or are shiny and choose to wear accessories that reflect this element of you.
Join 7 Steps to Style and really understand how to enhance your natural features and discover your personality style for the best impact.
Check out Fake Fabulous for great ideas on how to mix colours and textures when you naturally have high colour contrast as Samantha does.
Get to grips with working with your colour and value contrast
Be inspired how Elegantly Dressed and Stylish wears a lace detail skirt that harmonises with her textured hair and patterned skin so beautifully.
See how Bag and a Beret expresses her personality style through her outfits
Notice how the fabric texture Ashley Rose chooses and the scale of her bag repeat her own features and proportions.
Linking this post up to: Sydney Fashion Hunter