Today is my final Dressember wrap – after spending 31 days in a dress what have I discovered?
- On cold days I miss my jeans.
- You tend to always look a little more ‘dressed up’ in a dress.
- I have less washing – one garment not two, what a bonus that is!
- There are a few dresses in my wardrobe that I elected not to wear – so I shall be getting rid of them as they’re obviously not ‘me’ anymore.
- A couple of the dresses I wore need some small alterations to make me love them more, and then I’ll get more wear from them.
- It wasn’t too hard – I really enjoyed wearing dresses for a month – though if it had been winter I would have found this a much more difficult task.
And you may notice that I’ve been getting some use from my B-strings – which have also been featured on Channel 7s Today Tonight program and you can get your b-string here.
What I wore – clockwise L-R from top
Karina Gala dress in Navy with Red b-string
No name dress with Black B-string and glass jewellery by Jen’s Studio
Verily Split Cowl dress
David Lawrence dress with Wild Bling necklace
Diana Ferrari dress
I’m spending New Year’s Eve in the Bay of Islands in New Zealand with the lovely Jan Fisher and her husband and friends.
My internet connection is limited and I’m having a holiday – so I shall be back with lots more posts mid- January and would love you to email me your questions that you’d like covered in future posts.
It is winter over here and I have no problem wearing dresses most of the time. Cotton or wool tights, boots, a nice cardigan, warm coat and I am happy to go. It hasn’t been freezing yet though, I would rather wear trousers and walking boots on real cold days so my toes don’t get cold.
Loved you in the lepoard print. Happy New Year.
You look beautiful and confident in all your dresses and the combinations with necklaces, shrugs, different shoes etc. I don’t own a dress at all, I wear mostly separates, skirts with different tops, trousers with other tops, cardigans etc. You have inspired me to buy a dress or two. I get a lot of static electricity with these man made fabrics with skirts that cling as I have to wear support hose now (shudder!) because of ugly varicose veins, and spider veins over my feet to my toes! I can’t wear sandals anymore. They need covering up, thank goodness there are some brilliant tights for this around. In summer, trousers are best to cover the legs or a maxi dress so I can do without the tights. You have inspired me to have fun with fashion and sort out my wardrobe so that I can mix and match and have fewer items hanging in a very small cupboard which aren’t worn.
Love the pictures of your visit to New Zealand, what a beautiful country.
Love pic 3,4,6 very savvy.