Maria Killam from Colour Me Happy alerted me to this quiz from House Beautiful, and since I’m crazy about colour (and have limited time to write a post today) I thought I’d snaffle it:
1. What’s the first color you see in the morning? Cream – the walls of my bedroom are cream – it was the colour the house was painted when we bought, and I’ve not got around to changing anything.
2. What color are your eyes? Blue grey with a little flecked ring of a brownish tone.
3. What color do you wear the most? denim blue, followed by black and then teal, then probably red
4. What color do you never wear? orange and chartreuse green – they make me look like I’ve got a bad case of jaundice or am billious.
5. What color do you wear when you want to feel sexy? No colour in particular does this for me – it’s more about the style.
6. What color gets you the most compliments? Hot Pink
7. What color is your lipstick? Soft pink (sugar plum)
8. What color was your living room when you were growing up? White – my parents were bright white wall freaks.
9. What color was your bedroom when you were growing up? White again
10. What color are your sheets? Some are teal, some are burgundy, some are white
11. What color was your favorite crayon as a child? Blue
12. What color is your car? Teal
13. What color was your prom dress? Electric blue – it was 1986 and also had humungous shoulder pads.
14. What’s your favorite gemstone? Emerald (pic from here)
15. What is your favourite flower? Iris
16. What color makes you happiest? Orange
17. What color depresses you? Very yellow green – like death and decay
18. What color calms you? Blue
19. What color makes you grind your teeth? None – I love every colour in different situation
20. What color would you like to try, but are scared to? I’d love to have more colour on the walls in my house, but I worry about getting sick of it too quickly and having to go to all that effort of painting it again!
What is your colour personality?
Fascinating! Especially that hot pink gets you the most compliments, but isn't in your top three … what a fun quiz.
I agree – this is cute. And I can't wear anything yellowish, orangish, or yellowish greenish either. Emeralds are blue green, those are fine:).
You're a bluebell, Imogen! What a great quiz. The comment about pink there is interesting. Time and time again I've been told how well hot pink (or bright pink) suits me. I won't wear it because it makes me feel like a trollop.
Sal – I do wear hot pink – but I only have 2 tops in the colour and 1 jacket (which is currently under a little reconstruction/alteration), so I don't wear it much – but I do wear it! It's just a matter of finding the right hot pink in a garment style that I love. I have way more of the other colours cos they're easier to find!
LPC – some colours are just not meant for us!
Rosina – thanks so much – with hot pink – because of it's colour, you have to be very careful with the quality and style of the garment to make it work and not look trollopy!
Ooooh your blog looks GREAT love the NEW look!!! Oooooh I soooo need to maybe kick mine up a notch… hmmm
Funny timing, Imogen, I was listening to a segment on colour on Radio National just yesterday and started writing a post about it myself. Now you've given me some interesting questions to ask myself!
Fifi- doesn't it look great! Nice to see you back!
Tiffany – what show? I want to download the podcast and listen!
Love reading about your color personality and hot pink does seem to be your color.