One of the measurements that is commonly long is the rise measurement – that is the distance from leg break to waist. Some people have a long body, but they are short-waisted and the length is in their rise which is long.
1. If you are proportionally like this, skirts can be your best friends – they hide where the legs start and we assume that your rise is shorter and legs longer. Drop waists can flatter.
2. Keep your tops a little longer, not all the way down to your crotch, but avoid cropped tops.
3. Empire tops flatter your shorter waist and bypass your long rise.
4. High waisted pants and jeans are best. You will find that lower waisted pants will pull down when sitting and often feel uncomfortable, as well as showing off your underwear, not classy.
5. Don’t tuck in tops or if you tuck make sure they blouse over the top of your waistband.