OK, I’m 40 (turned it last year) but rarely do people think I’m anywhere near this old (not to be too vain or up myself), so what are my skin care secrets?
1. Wear sunscreen – every day of your life (if you live in a climate like Australia anyway). 80% of skin damage is from environmental factors – sunscreen will help prevent many wrinkles. This is a great one to try from Neutrogena.
2. Exfoliate – I like to use AHA and BHA products (chemical exfoliants), I alternate them every night to night. If I want a chemical exfoliant, I use a 10c piece size of bicarbonate of soda mixed with my regular cream cleanser (Cetaphil) as a manual exfoliant – it’s gentle but it works.
3. Use an antioxidant – to counteract all the environmental damage of the day (I get mine from Paula’S Choice range – see below).
4. Moisturise – from chest to toe I cover myself in cocoa butter every day. My face I use specific moisturisers (I like the ones from Paula ‘s Choice in the US or n Australia) which I find are beautiful formulations and nothing irritating (I have rosacea prone skin, that is very sensitive to fragrance and any sort of irritant).
5. Believe yourself to be young and smile!