OK, I’m 40 (turned it last year) but rarely do people think I’m anywhere near this old (not to be too vain or up myself), so what are my skin care secrets?
1. Wear sunscreen – every day of your life (if you live in a climate like Australia anyway). 80% of skin damage is from environmental factors – sunscreen will help prevent many wrinkles. This is a great one to try from Neutrogena.
2. Exfoliate – I like to use AHA and BHA products (chemical exfoliants), I alternate them every night to night. If I want a chemical exfoliant, I use a 10c piece size of bicarbonate of soda mixed with my regular cream cleanser (Cetaphil) as a manual exfoliant – it’s gentle but it works.
3. Use an antioxidant – to counteract all the environmental damage of the day (I get mine from Paula’S Choice range – see below).
4. Moisturise – from chest to toe I cover myself in cocoa butter every day. My face I use specific moisturisers (I like the ones from Paula ‘s Choice http://www.cosmeticscop.com/ in the US or http://www.paulaschoice.com.au/ in Australia) which I find are beautiful formulations and nothing irritating (I have rosacea prone skin, that is very sensitive to fragrance and any sort of irritant).
5. Believe yourself to be young and smile!
I'm not sure if it's for you but how would you feel if you learned all about the colours and styles of clothing that suit your individual personality, shape and style? Just imagine what it would be like when you can open your wardrobe and pull together fabulous outfits that make you look and feel amazing every day? If you'd like to stop wasting money on the wrong clothes and accessories plus join an amazing bunch of very special women also on their style journey - then my 7 Steps to Style program is right for you. Find out more here.