Many of us will be travelling in the next few month by airplane. And with strict airport security measures it’s common practice to have to take off your shoes to go through security. This means that you need to think about your travelling shoe selection more carefully before you leave, as hopping around attempting to pull off a boot (and then falling over) isn’t the best way to go (believe me, this is experience talking).
The ideal is something that:
Is slip on and off so that you can take them off quickly and easily in the security line without holding those around you up.
Avoid shoes that have buckles and laces or are not easy to quickly take off, if you need to sit down to get your shoes off, then they are not the right shoes for airplane travel.
You also want a shoe that comfortable for walking around airports as there is often a long jaunt to the gate (some airports advertise 20 minute walks!)
- They work with both trousers and skirts/dresses, they are easy to slip on and off and if you find a pair that you think are comfortable then you can walk a long way in them.
- Find a pair that slip on and off. You can wear them with opaque tights or your jeans.
- Are a great alternative to ballet flats and are easy to take off and put on when going through airport security.
Slip on Sneakers
- These are a comfortable casual version of the loafer that allows for lots of walking in the airports (and on holiday too) yet are easy to get on and off.
Sandals that don’t require buckling
- You want a pair of sandals that are easy to slip on and off, though personally I find airplanes too cold for footwear where my feet aren’t covered, but I know that not all of you share my affliction!