Floral necklace and coat for a trip to the theater, the premiere of Once, the musical (I’m writing a review which I will publish next week).
I was challenged to white on white. If you make a donation you too can give me a Frocktober Style Challenge! Just leave it in the comments when you make your donation.
Today my challenge was to be a bit rock and roll, so I teamed a black dress with a slim pant, ankle boots and leather! A bit of metal on the chain belt and infinity scarf from Verily (remember I donate all my affiliate income – 10% of the sale, from Verily to the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation) to finish off the look.
My inspiration for today’s outfit was another style challenge to be “hip”, in memory of a very hip dresser who died from ovarian cancer. So I chose to wear a broderie anglaise shirt underneath a skirt, that I wear as a dress. I’ve mixed my textures and patterns, floral on the shirt and geometric on the tights.
For 10th Frocktober I’m wearing an oldie but a goodie. It’s a “Gala” frock from Karina Dresses, necklace off ebay, and linen cardigan from Target.
Did you know that the money I’m raising will go towards any or all of the following :
- $15oo that’s the cost of a -20C laboratory freezer for biological specimens
- $5000 is the cost of a refrigerated bench top centrifuge, a liquid nitrogen storage tank, a tissue culture incubator
- $15000 is the cost of a microscope and a digital camera
- $50 000 is the cost of a Laboratory Assistant for one year
- $80 000 is the cost of a Research Fellow for One year
All the funds go towards the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundations’s principle mission of:
- Developing and implementing an early detection program for ovarian cancer
- Improving the mortality rate, management and long-term survival of women with ovarian cancer
- Gaining fundamental understanding of the causes of ovarian cancer.
The Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation receives NO government funding and relies solely on the support of the community. That’s pretty sad considering how many women die from Ovarian Cancer!
I appreciate every cent you donate towards this fundraising effort from the bottom of my heart! Please do donate to help fund this vital research.