Dresses have become the staple garment in my wardrobe. Ever since I did one of those challenges and wore a dress every day for a month I’ve become a complete convert.
Why do I love them so much? Well they are just so easy to wear, plus they can halve your dressing time (you don’t have to think about which top goes with which bottom) and so there is also half the washing!
It’s so easy to style a dress. You can:
- Wear it by itself
- Add a feature necklace or scarf
- Wear with leggings or tights and boots when the weather is cooler
- Add a cardigan in an alternate colour
- A belt can change up the look if it’s a waisted style. Think about changing the belt colour or width to create alternate looks
- Add a fur vest to rug up
- Add a jacket to dress it up
- Change up your shoe choices – sandals in summer, ballet flats in spring and autumn and boots in winter
- Layer a long sleeve top underneath for winter and add a jacket, vest or cardigan for extra warmth in winter
The key to finding a flattering style is to look for one that highlights your narrowest point on your torso. So if you’re like me without a defined waist (H shape, also V and O shapes) look for those that come in just under the bust or those that skim past your waist without clinging. If you’ve got a defined waist (X, A, 8 shapes) look for styles which belt at your waist, have a seam at the waist or that are shaped to your waist. The Cross Your Heart dress (top right in the pic above) from Verily can actually be worn with the narrowest point just under your bust (as I have) or lower down on your waist if you have a defined waist. It’s versatile!
You always look stylish in a good quality well fitting dress. Yet it’s easier to put on than a pair of jeans and a t-shirt! What’s not to love? Don’t keep dresses for special occasions. Wear them instead of jeans or more casual clothing – the knit versions are more comfortable and easy wear!
Want to stock up on dresses for your wardrobe? Verily are having a sale with lots of fabulous dresses for only $39 -check it out now and grab a bargain. They are so easy to wear and care for. Sizes are very true to the measurement chart provided on the site too!