Hi Imogen! I just discovered your blog today and I find it wonderfully visual and enormously helpful. I saw your post on How to Make Your Feet Look Longer. Could you please post advice on How to Make Your Feet Look Shorter? I am 5 feet 4 inches tall with a size 9 shoe and this is a fashion issue I have struggled with forever. I would love to be able to see a visual presentation of the shoe styles I should be leaning toward to make my feet seem shorter. Thank you!
- Nude shoes which don’t draw attention when you’re wearing skirts or dresses.
- Blending your shoes to your tights and pants rather than wearing alternate coloured shoes.
- High heels shorten your feet
- Horizontal straps and detail cut your foot up.
- Rounded toes won’t add extra length
I’m glad to see someone else has this problem. I’m 5’4″ and I wear a 10 so I’ve certainly struggled with this issue. I almost always wear heels when I can and I find wedges, esp those with a shorter base/sole really work wonders.
Hi, could you tell me why some lace-up shoes like converse make feet look ridiculously long?
Flat shoes make your feet long longer – and I think the laces make it even longer