What are your essential wardrobe staples? My list would be dependent on your climate, lifestyle and of course preferences in what you like to wear.
- Great jeans – ideally at least one pair in a solid dark wash as they are the easiest to dress up or down
- Great pair of dark neutral dress pants in a classic cut
- Coat (weight dependent on climate) in a colour that suits you (could be red, could be winter white, could be black, could be brown or olive)
- A jacket that can be dressed up or down to suit the occasion and outfit
- Denim jacket (or denim style casual jacket) to dress down skirts, trousers and dresses
- Day dress in a flattering fit for your body
- Skirt in a flattering cut
- Merino or Cashmere (if cold climate) knits
- Cardigan in great neutral or signature colour to work over t-shirts
- T-shirts with flattering necklines in a selection of great colours for you (and decent quality)
- Knee-high boots for wearing over jeans and leggings or with skirts and tights in winter
- Strappy sandals (both flat and with a heel)
- Comfortable stylish flat shoes such as Ballet flats or loafers
- Great handbag
- An assortment of necklaces/earrings/bracelets/rings to change your look and create interest and originality.
- Sunglasses to protect your peepers
I’ve created a little collage as you can see – but you would need a few long and short sleeved t-shirts for it to really work – but as you can see I’ve stuck to a colour scheme here and this could so easily mix and match to create multiple outfits.
You can also use this capsule concept to create a great travel wardrobe too.