Today my gorgeous kids went back to school after their summer holidays. I’ve spent very little time of the school break working as I’ve mostly had to look after the kids, plus I needed a little holiday myself to rejuvenate.
Having to get back into the school routine, making lunches, ensuring everyone has everything they need for the school day, and doing it all before the school bell, plus having to get up, dressed and groomed myself after having so many lazy mornings over the summer was a shock to the system.
When I’m not seeing clients I dress more casually. This summer, my go-to footwear has been this pair of FitFlop Fleurs. They are so comfy and supportive, yet dressier than a pair of ordinary rubber thongs to run around and run errands in or just go for a casual stroll.
My preferred school run clothing is:
- Dark denim jeans – dark denim is always more dressy than a more faded denim
- Top – can be a simple t-shirt to a more dressy top (but still all wash and wear!)
- or Dress – if I’m not wearing jeans or a skirt – stretch jersey, easy to quickly put on
- Jacket or cardigan – if it’s cooler – can be a blazer, biker, waterfall front
- Necklace or scarf – depending on the weather and my outfit
- Riding boots, ballet flats or sandals/Fitflops – depending on the time of year and the weather
And then I’ll put on a little mineral powder, blush, mascara and lip gloss and a pair of sunglasses to finish off my look.
Do you dress for the school gate? Is there a dress standard at the school your kids go to?