I love your blog . My biggest question is proper footwear for the cold fall weather (but before it snows). I live in the Midwest of USA. I am wondering if you could do a blog post for casual ladies who like slim fit jeans and shorter boots. I like tall boots on other people, don’t feel comfortable wearing them. But I love the boot look but I like wearing skinny jeans because they are comfortable. I have wide hips so ballet flats look weird on me but can I wear a dark brown 7 inch shaft moto boot with a 1.75 inch heel over my jeans or will that look weird?
Any sort of boots look great with skinny jeans. A boot is a slightly chunkier shoe so can help to balance out your hips. Wearing a short boot over the ankle of your jeans works, particularly if the shoe has a heel. A short boot won’t elongate your legs in the way that a knee-high boot will do. A moto boot will help to balance out your hips as it’s a bit wider and heavier than a ballet flat.
To elongate your legs:
- Tone boots to your jean colour or go slightly darker
- Create a column of colour with your top or jacket and jeans
- Look for stripes or vertical details in your jeans to lengthen your legs
If you prefer knee high boots but love comfort, try a riding boot style or one with a solid heel.
- To draw attention upwards, keep your boots darker than your top.
- Tone boots to your jeans for more leg elongation.
If you have wider calves and find it hard to find knee-high boots, why not try:
- www.bennettsboots.com and if you use the PROMO Code BBSTYLE you’ll get a $30 discount!
- www.duoboots.co.uk – who do calf widths to fit (your measurements) and also do narrow fitting boots if you have slim calves.