Yesterday’s post titled Curves are Back! has sparked some interesting discussion. One of the most obvious points about these articles is that curves are only ‘media acceptable’ when they’re the ‘right kind of curve’, that is, hourglass, slim waist, no potbelly, bust and rounded bottom, and generally around a size 12-14, definitely not size 22 or 26. So for all those other body shapes, especially the women who carry their weight around their torso, they still feel that their shape is not the ideal shape.
- Nothing attractive is made in their size
- Nothing age appropriate is made in their size
- They don’t want to spend money on themselves
- They don’t shop because they don’t think they’ll find anything and it’ll be a waste of time
- A myriad of other reasons? Tell me what you think they are?