The dress has really made a come-back into my wardrobe in the past year or two. You can dress them up (sorry, terrible pun) or down. Add layers for winter, or take off the extra layers for summer. I rarely wear trousers these days, apart from jeans. The rest of the time I prefer to be in dresses or skirts, with boots in winter and sandals in summer. They’re just so much more comfortable than pants.
Karina Dresses sent me the Gala dress to review. It’s in their latest paisley print. I can vouch for the dresses uncrushable fabric as it came through the post from the US to Australia and didn’t need any ironing or even to be hung to be worn straight away, no creases. This makes it an ideal garment for travelling. I know I’ll be wearing and wearing this dress through winter to summer and back again.
Because it’s midwinter here in Australia at the moment, I’m wearing it with a long sleeve merino wool knit and leggings, but in summer I can imagine it will be fantastic on our hot summer days.
This dress would suit an A shape, X shape, 8 shape, and some H, I and O shapes (depends on your unique shape and proportions) but best avoided by V shapes or those who have square shoulders and don’t like to emphasise them any more as it has a puffed sleeve.
Size wise it’s a one-size fits up to size 12 US, but I’d say it’s a small size 12, or for one with a more defined waist than me. I generally fit size US size 8-10 and I wouldn’t have wanted any less wrap on this wrap dress than is there. A smaller bust or waist than I have would make a difference if you’re a little larger than me.
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url
Some information about the dresses from the lovely people at Karina Dresses:
- Made from imported microfiber blend fabric; 4 way stretch; machine washable; limited edition prints, constantly changing selection because we do perpetual small-batch production in our own Brooklyn facility.
- Some of our styles fit up to a traditional size 20!
- Classic and fashion-forward; karina dresses are easy to wear , and easy to care ~ machine washable , never need ironing – great for travel and gals on the go!
- But don’t get too attached to a print because the line is made from limited fabrics & they sell out fast! Just pick a style of dress that works for you and rest assured there will always be plenty of gorgeous colors and patterns that help you shine in every setting.
- And each and every one is made with love in Brooklyn!
- So whether you live in the country or the city, the dresses will breeze you through a busy day straight into the night, feeling as beautiful as can be.
- If you purchase a dress and love it as much as I do, here’s a little insider knowledge: the company is quietly seeking brand ambassadors in all 50 US states to participate in its upcoming home-based selling initiative.
- Connect at www.karinadresses.com or facebook.com/karinadresses to feel the love!