It’s 2010, and I always find the promise of a new year cleansing – a new beginning, a fresh look a the world, the opportunity to try something new or different.
Sure, 1 January is an arbitary date and I could do the same thing any day of the year, but I suppose it’s the tradition of the new years resolution that makes me ponder what I want to happen for the forthcoming year.
Some of you may be aware the my husband and I separated just before Christmas (which is partly why my posts have been rather sporadic recently, much to deal with emtionally, less head space for blogging, I hope back to normal schedules soon). A hard decision, but I think the right one, so my new year will be a very different one, with new challenges for me and the kids, and many new and exciting opportunities for us as well. Making a decision, making a choice rather than keeping on going in an unhealthy situation is something that I believe is important for my happiness.
Above my desk I have typed out and stuck up on the wall these 7 Laws to Live By (not sure where they are from – sorry, have a feeling it’s probably adapted from a book, if you know where, leave a comment). I thought I’d share them with you.
1. Everything is possible. You can do anything you set your mind to and take the action to achieve.
2. If you want something, give it. Make someone feel special every day.
3. When you make a choice, you choose your future.
4. Don’t automatically say no, be open to opportunities.
5. Every time you wish or want, you plant a seed.
6. Enjoy the journey. Stop to smell the frangipani, roses, jasmine and daphne along the way.
7. You are here for a reason. Take the time to be grateful for both what you get and give to the world.
I hope your 2010 is full of great experiences, happiness, friendships, opportunities and love.
On another topic, I received an email just before Christmas with a link to this great resource of 25 videos on makeup tips and techniques. From tutuorials on eye makeup for glasses wearers, to camouflaging and contouring, there is something to be learned here for many.
And a brilliant Guest Post from Audi (Fashion for Nerds) over at Already Pretty on Choosing a Hat to flatter your beautiful head.
Happy New Year to you all, thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it.